Early Years Learning Framework
Windsor Preschool follows the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF) – Belonging, Being and Becoming.
“Children belong first to a family, a cultural group, a neighbourhood and a wider community.
Belonging acknowledges children’s interdependence with others and basis of relationships in defining identities. In early childhood, and throughout life, relationships are crucial to a sense of belonging.
Belonging is central to being and becoming in that it shapes who children are and who they can become.” EYLF, 2009
In this framework, we focus on the following five outcomes:
1. Children have a strong sense of identity
2. Children are connected with and contribute to their world
3. Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
4. Children are confident and involved learners
5. Children are effective communicators
In consideration of this framework, we build our curriculum around a play based program, focused on the interests of the children along with the intentional planning undertaken by our educators.